1) How do I get to The RBI Museum?
Visitors can visit the building which is at 8 Council House Street, Kolkata and bring a printed or e-ticket (if a group tour is booked), a valid ID with photo, such as Aadhar card, driver’s license or passport, and pass through a security screening.
2) Where should the bus drop us off?
Buses can drop off and pick-up in front of our building.
3) Does the museum have a cafetaria?
4) Can I make bookings online?
Individual visitors can walk-in. They need not book online.
5) Do you have resources for researchers?
Yes. Please visit our Researcher’s Library on the Mezzanine floor.
1) What if I don’t have the names of all the visitors when I am booking the reservation?
When reserving a tour, you may enter a tentative list of names to secure the tour time you have chosen. Please update your reservation with the final list of names at least two days prior to your date of visit by clicking on "Manage Reservation."
Note: When you update the reservation, new e-tickets will be generated with the names that you enter.
2) Can I edit, reschedule or cancel my reservation?
Yes. Using your confirmation number, you may make changes to your reservation by clicking on the “Manage Reservation” button.
Note: When you update the reservation, new e-tickets will be generated with the names that you enter. The name on each ticket must match the name on each visitor’s photo ID.
3) Can I reprint my e-ticket?
Yes. You may reprint your e-ticket by clicking on the "Manage Reservation" button. You are required to print the e-ticket and present it in order to enter the building.
4) How early should I arrive at the Museum?
Visitors are advised to arrive at the Museum atleast 10 minutes prior to your scheduled visit to allow time for security screening and check-in.
5) Can I take someone else's slot if they don't show up for the guided tour?
No. Due to security reasons, we cannot accept last-minute attendees. Guided tours are strictly by advance reservations only.
6) Can I bring more than 25 visitors for a guided tour?
No. We can only accommodate 25 visitors per guided tour. If you wish to bring more than 25 visitors, we advise that you divide into smaller groups and book multiple tours.
7) Can I bring a school group who are under 16 years old for a guided tour?
8) If I miss my guided tour, am I able to come at a different time?
Yes. You can book or modify by visiting “Manage your reservations”.